The Hotel Silvana was founded by a passionate mountaineer — this tradition is still alive in the family.
Even if you are an old hand at Zermatt you can discover it in a new unexpected way. With our mountain guides you will be able to freeride on glaciers or untouched mountains. Experience with us your personal powder snow highlight and the most romantic mountain huts with the best coffee off pists.
We will gladly guide your mountain huts- and glacier-hikingtours or mountaineering tours with pick and crampons or introduce you into techniques used in rocks and ice. Only steps away from the hotel the cable car will bring you up to the Matterhorn glacier paradise, to Schwarzsee and Klein Matterhorn, you can cross the border to Italy or you reach Zermatt with your skis in a few minutes only.
For kids there is a lot to discover at Hotel Silvana in winter as well as in summertime.
- Playground with swing, slide, climbing wall and tree house
- Marmot viewing next to the hotel terrace
- New 150m long rope bridge leading to a forest playground, 15 minutes from the hotel
And if the weather forces the kids to be inside: The home cinema offers a lot of child-friendly films and nature documentations.
Besides the extreme sports there is a lot more that the Hotel Silvana has to offer:
- Ascent to the Breithorn ( «the easiest 4000m peak») with rope and crampons or with alpine touring skis or snow shoes
- Ice climbing for beginners or avanced
- Crossing of the Gorner Gorge
- For the whole family: climbing park in front of the house with abseiling and many other spectacular rope activities
- Mammut climbing park high above the rooftops of Zermatt (Photograph- and film documentations about these activities in our homecinema)
- Glacier garden only 15 minutes from the hotel
- Culinary hiking tours to the famous and unique mountain restaurants of Zermatt
- Dinner at the Gitz-Gädi restaurant and sledding down to Zermatt in the dark - fun!
- Night-hiking tour with torches
The equipment is at your disposal. Free snow shoes and toboggans.